I’ve worked in the transportation, computer hardware, consumer electronics and enterprise software industries. My experience includes:
- reputation management
- media relations
- new/social/digital media
- corporate newsroom design and maintenance
- corporate blog management, implementation, maintenance
- executive communications
- media training
- program management
- strategic content management/development
- Wiki platform selection, training and implementation
Personal Recognition and Honors
- Featured in the book Grown Up Digital by Don Tapscott. Pgs 41 and 304
- FedEx Five Star Award. The Five Star Award recognizes innovation, collaboration, efficiency or profitability associated with results. Nominated by managers, directors or officers, Five Star recipients are recognized for their extraordinary performance and for making every FedEx experience outstanding.
- W3 Web Awards Gold Award, FedEx Newsroom. Category: News
- W3 Web Awards Gold Award, FedEx Newsroom. Category: Public Relations
- Transportation Standard of Excellence WebAward for outstanding achievement in Website development, The Web Marketing Association
- Bronze Sabre Award, best website category- news.fedex.com
- Excellence in Communication Award, FedEx Corporate Communications award
- W3 Web Awards Gold Award, FedEx Citizenship Blog. Category: Blog
- W3 Web Awards Gold Award, FedEx Citizenship Blog. Category: Business
- FedEx Marketing Rising Star Award – 2010
I graduated in 2002 from Southwest Texas State, now Texas State University, with a degree in Communication Studies. While at Texas State I served as president of the Bob Glaves chapter of the Public Relations Student Society Association (PRSSA), was an active member in the Texas Public Relations Association (TPRA) and a two-time Intramural Division A racquetball champion.
I also served two terms as president of Sigma Phi Epsilon and president of the Inter-Fraternity Council at the University of Texas at El Paso.