I was up late last night and happened on really good TV. The Chris Matthews Show took a look at the future of media. His guests included Bob Woodward, Washington Post; Tina Brown, Daily Beast; Gloria Borger, CNN and Joe Klein, Time Magazine.
They discussed where the media environment is and where it’s going. It’s about 20 minutes long, but full of interesting commentary. The key items discussed were:
- Future of investigative journalism
- Future of newspaper business
- Grazing and Roaming Eyeballs
- Emerging Media Business Models
- The G.W. Bush White House admin begins to write memoir’s; who’s will be the most interesting
I tried to transcribe some of the discussion, but it really doesn’t do it justice. Watch for 2 minutes and you’ll end up watching the whole thing.